Monday 11 April 2011

Games games games, and bridal week in NYC!

Yeah yeah yeah, I know it's been a day since I posted, but I think I've caught the blogging bug. Don't be surprised if I either leave blogging sporadically for a week or two, or if I spontaneously blog everyday. However, this bridal link is the cause of a blog post, because I think it's more worthy than just posting a tweet about it.

A warning though, this blog post lays heavily on gaming, so if you're here for just the bridal week in NYC link, it's in the paragraph underneath this one :D

It's bridal fashion week in NYC. OH MAN I want to be there! Can you imagine all of the dresses?! I would melt. It would just be so incredibly fashionable and pretty and ooooooh. Do any of you who are actually reading my blog have a favourite of the list? Or even a favourite dress that's not on that particular list? Post in the comments below! Mine is this one. It's so classy and beautiful:



On other news, according to gaming sources that I found on twitter (botchweed.com), there are rumors floating around about a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3... Neither me or botchweed know if it is true. You know how it is about games, there are always hopeful rumors from fans and different sources. Personally, I love the MW series, and I wouldn't mind if they continued it, but after MW2 and Black Ops I'm not really sure if they'd be even making a new one. Then again, Halo have milked the game cow for as much as it can give and have made as many games and spinoffs they can. Has anyone played Halo Reach? Is it any good? I like the graphics of the Halo games, but I'm more of an RPG/adventure/batman player rather than FPS games. I like COD because they actually have pretty awesome story-lines.

I haven't found anything on Activision's site about a new game or rumors of a new game, but I'll try and keep up to date on that. However, gamespot have also heard of the rumors, and has an article here about it. It seems like this rumor mill is up and running pretty fast. It's hitting forums and people are confused, excited, or blatantly harsh about it. There have been people who are skeptical, and say that they really hope it doesn't just ruin the franchise. On the other hand, simply because the past couple of games have grossed such a vast amount of money, it's a pretty high possibility that infinityward/activision will want to continue the series. It doesn't stop there though; rumors have also been whispered around that the game won't follow the other modern warfare stories. If you ask me, it's pretty exciting that they're wanting to go in a different direction, regardless of if it works or backfires. I like it when gaming producers take risks.

Currently I'm playing the batman game, Arkham Asylum, and I must say that while it has pretty great graphics, and a pretty great story, it's really hard to resist just going around in detective mode the entire time. IT JUST GETS THINGS DONE SO EFFICIENTLY! At this point, I'm surprised Batman doesn't you know, just get shocked when he doesn't see blue or purple when he turns off the detective mode. It's ridiculous, and I feel like I'm cheating on the game, but it's works so well! I can't tell you how many times I've avoided the electric shock gates in the asylum because it pops up on detective mode as having a warning sign (yes, it is true, I'm not terribly observant in this game).

Another game that I really really can't wait to play is Bioshock Infinite, but it's current estimated release date is somewhere in 2012. Provided that the Mayans weren't right about you know, the end of the world, then it should be out then (disclaimer: I don't believe we're all going to go belly up in 2012, just so you know). It actually just seems like it would be great. If you've played Bioshock 1 and/or 2, then you'll probably be jonesing to play this too. It's been what seems quite a while since the trailer came out, but I'll post it here too, just because it's fantastical and awesome. I'll put links up for B-shock One and Two too, just so you guys have some idea of what's going on if you haven't played or seen them. I believe though, that B-shock Infinite isn't meant to be a prequel or a sequel, just simply in a different setting in a different time before all of B-Shock happened. I'm really interested to see what they've done with it all. I don't like looking at plot or gameplay trailers before playing a game, I just want to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment