Friday 1 April 2011

Birthdays, cake, and lots of booze.

So it turns out that I'm turning 20 in a couple of days. It's weird, moving from my teenage years into official adulthood. I'm a few months older than my boyfriend, so does that then mean that I'm accidentally cradle robbing? Maybe not, since he's 19 and all. I feel old. I'm one of the oldest of my friends, and I believe one of my bf's friends turned 20 in march, so he beat me to the chase. Usually, my birthdays aren't that terribly great, so I've come to look at them with a sort of apathy, but this time seems to be different. My bf and friends have already held me a surprise party, which was really quite awesome (lots of booze and ice cream cake... mmmm...), and then I'm going to have a nice birthday dinner with some of my friends on my actual birthday. Hopefully it will just be a nice chill day, maybe also with lots of booze, but i've got a final the next morning, so maybe just a bit of booze. I'll let you know.

Well, it's also the end of school and the start of finals week... Except I'm in university and it's a lot harder than finals in highschool. Once I've done these exams, I'll have finished my second year of uni and will be out looking for a job. I've sent out so many resumes and coverletters though, that it just seems a bit hopeless... especially since someone you know sends out two and gets the job a week later. While i'm congratulatory, I also say "poop" to that. Big stinking pile of poop.

Hopefully things will go alright in the coming weeks. I'm not going home over the summer, so we'll see how that will turn out.

No photomanipulations of dinosaurs in hats right now, so I'll just leave you with this random photo i found of a zombie hello kitty cake:

No comments:

Post a Comment