Tuesday 17 May 2011

Memories from childhood, sushi, and fries

My sis just reminded me about how we used to go to swim practice when we were young, and afterwards we would have magnum icecream and thick delicious fires with mayo and shirley temples (non-alkie, of course... my parent's weren't THAT ridiculous). It was such an awesome memory; the random meal was always such a great reward after swim team practice. It was actually just the best thing ever after swimming for an hour as a kid... It would fill your belly with cold and warmth and deliciousness and mmmmmmmmm.

Mmmmmmm..... Friiieeesss...

Come to think of it, a lot of memories centre around food for me, which kinda makes sense considering the person I am... I mean come on, I would be obese if I didn't have a great metabolism. I'm 53 kg (117 lb i think, according to the scales at the gym), and I'm about 5'4", and I love food. I love food SO MUCH. It's one of my favourite things ever (regardless of the fact that I need to eat in order to survive). I love trying out foods and finding delicious flavours, and I kind of miss eating meat - I'm a pescatarian, which is a vegetarian that eats fish sometimes... I'm slightly anemic, so I need something - because of the delightful aromas that comes from meat dishes that I've been smelling over the last 9 years of pescatarianism. I've been tempted to go back to chicken, because chicken was my favourite thing back in the day. I actually tried vegetarianism for a couple of months before I ended up being tempted by chicken nuggets that my mum used to make that were always yummy. I was veggie for a couple of years, until my parents decided that me not eating any sort of meat was bad for my health, even though I didn't like fish back in the day. Now, I eat sushi, which I can't believe I like, because I used to really not like fish at all.

My faves are Dynamite Rolls and California Rolls <3


Anyway. Most of my childhood memories probably revolve around delicious food. It's true. I just love food. I love trying new restaurants, even though back in the day I had the worst luck with restaurants when me and my family went out together. I used to order things that sounded great, but then would just be terrible in that particular instance, but everyone else would be enjoying their meals and I would have to just sit there and push food around because I was a picky eater. However, that's turned around as I moved away from home. Now, I'm the one that gets the awesome meals, and my family leave the place feeling unsatisfied. I just look at it as payback for the years of sad face tiemz at restaurants in my youth and most of my teen years.

If anyone actually reads this blog, what do most of your childhood memories revolve around? Is there a theme that you find prominent or that you remember most because of it's recurring status? I'd love to hear about it... Seriously! Leave a comment, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment